America’s Family Doctors aims to take the stress out of healthcare system navigation by using a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program. This approach aims to coordinate patient care through the PCP and increase communication between the patient and healthcare provider. Using tools such as http://afdclinics.com/healow/ , we can coordinate care in a convenient way for our patients.
The typical patient journey includes you finding specialists, seeing doctors that unfamiliar with your medical history, and communicating with each provider within their own silo. Our PCMH program takes that burden off the patient and focuses on the PCP who leads care coordination. The patient will only receive the testing and treatments that are necessary and can rest easy knowing that AFD is watching over the whole process.
Here are more PCMH links and resources:
Welcome to America’s Family Doctors
We would like to welcome you to our practice and thank you for choosing America’s Family Doctors to participate in your healthcare. We look forward to providing you with personalized health care, focusing on wellness and prevention. Continuity and coordination of patient care is essential in meeting your healthcare needs.
We are a Patient Centered Medical Home. The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a care delivery model whereby your treatment is coordinated through your primary care physician here at America’s Family Doctors to ensure you receive the necessary care when and where you need it, in a manner you can understand.
Helpful Tips & Expectations
- Before your first visit, please contact your previous physician and specialists to request that a copy of your medical record be sent to us.
- We expect you to provide us with your medical history, as well as information about any care you obtain outside of our practice to include your current medications, recent test results, visits to other doctors and health care providers, behavioral health services, hospitalizations, and ER visits.
- Please bring your health insurance card as well as a photo I.D. to each visit.
- Please bring all your medication bottles OR a complete list of all your medications, including the strength and dose of each one.
- Schedule a complete physical exam once a year with your primary care provider.
- Maintenance medication refills are only provided during office visits. Please keep an eye on your remaining refills & be sure to schedule an appointment before you run out of the medication.
- After an ER visit, please contact our office the next business day to schedule a follow up appointment, so we can assure you are getting better and assist you with any other needs you may have to help prevent the need for future ER visits.
We are here to support your care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our office hours are:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 12:00pm (Smyrna Location Only)
To schedule an appointment, please click the Book Appointment tab above, email email@example.com or call one of our 3 offices. Same-day appointments are usually available for both urgent and routine needs.
We encourage all patients to use their Patient Portal to communicate with us for all non-urgent questions. Messages are returned within 2 business days. If you have an urgent question during office hours, please call our office and ask to leave a message for your provider.
If you have a medical issue after hours that cannot wait until the next business day, please call the office and you will be directed on how to reach your provider. If you have an urgent issue after hours and need to be seen, please proceed to your nearest Urgent Care facility. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed directly to the nearest ER.
After providing our staff with your email address, you should receive an email giving you access to your patient portal. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you still did not receive it, please let your care team know.