- The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 29 new human cases of West Nile Virus for this year. This brings the state total to 169 cases so far for 2012, and four of which resulted in death.
The newly reported cases are in Adams (2),
- Update from the CDC
Whole Foods Market announces that it is recalling ricotta salata sold in 21 states and Washington, D.C. that came from its supplier Forever Cheese Inc. of Long Island City, NY.
Forever Cheese recalled this cheese product because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Patient Care Law Weekly — Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is one of the viruses that most infected people carry without ill effects. Once infected you are infected for life and, although it normally is dormant, it can become active again at any point in time.
- Reducing red and processed meat consumption would not only prompt a fall in chronic disease incidence of between 3 and 12 per cent in the UK, but our carbon footprint would shrink by 28 million tonnes a year, suggests research published in the online only journal BMJ Open.
- Brain lapses, memory loss, blank stares, confusion. Do you feel like you are losing your mind as you get older? What you may classify as old age and impaired brain function may truly be related to a decrease in estrogen.
Cognitive Decline as a Disease of AgingCognitive decline is a common concern for an aging population,
- What is an abdominal hernia?A hernia is a general term that refers to a protrusion of a body tissue through a wall of a cavity in which it is normally contained. For example, brain tissue can herniate as can discs in the spine.
- It was passed, and time will tell. At America’s Family Doctors we are always committed to providing our customers affordable care. For our established self-pay patients, we charge just $95 for our visit, which is far more affordable than any other full-service Primary care or Walk-In clinic in town.
- Affordable Care Act passes. It’s a good cause in theory, but in reality it’s a new tax with more expenses, which hopefully our nation can afford. AFD does our best to care for our patients, families, and community regardless.