- Dear AFD Family,As the saying goes the best way to fix the problem is to not have it to begin with.I fully believe Diabetes Type 2 is preventable.If I were to develop diabetes later in life I will blame no one but myself.And I would do whatever I can to reverse my condition to be diabetes free again.
- Dear AFD FamilyThis is a great study. I have been doing this for myself for over a year nowWhat I do:
– black coffee, nuts, apples during the day just enough to avoid hunger
– nighttime I eat whatever I want –
- The number of couples in which the woman has a higher level of university studies than her male partner is growing steadily and in many countries this trend surpasses the opposite situation, which historically has been the predominant. This is the conclusion reached by the Centre for Demographic Studies of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (CED-UAB),
- Worldwide Diabetes afflicts 347 million people, the World Health Organization estimates that by 2030, that such number will increase by 2/3 between 2008 and 2030.Like all chronic conditions, patient education and a proper tracking is key in keeping the nastier aspects of the disease at bay.On this article we’ll be reviewing OnTrack Diabetes,
- A computerized approach to examining patient bone X-rays for diagnosis of osteoporosis could side-step the subjectivity associated with visual examination, according to a new research paper in the International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology published in October.
Neelesh Kumar of the Central Scientific Instruments Organisation in Chandigarh,
- A new mathematical method can help to predict a couple’s chances of becoming pregnant, according to how long they have been trying.
The model may also shed light on how long they should wait before seeking medical help.
- Newswise — Falls Church, Virginia. Sep. 22, 2012 –An iPhone and specially-designed image analysis app is able to diagnose and manage the treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, according to new data presented at the 82nd Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association (ATA) in Québec City,
- Dear Doctor K: I recently had my cholesterol checked, and it turns out I have high triglyceride levels. What can I do about it?
Dear Reader: A “cholesterol test” really measures three different kinds of cholesterol and one other type of fat,
- Marginal Vitamin B-6 Deficiency Decreases Plasma (n-3) and (n-6) PUFA Concentrations in Healthy Men and Women.
Zhao M, Lamers Y, Ralat MA, Coats BS, Chi YY, Muller KE, Bain JR, Shankar MN, Newgard CB, Stacpoole PW, Gregory JF 3rd.
Food Science and Human Nutrition Department,
- Painkiller overdoses kill more than cocaine and heroin combined, yet there are few prevention programs
Posted on September 20, 2012 by Stone Hearth News
Prescription painkillers are responsible for more fatal overdoses in the United States than heroin and cocaine combined.